April 27, 2015

Unfortunately, yes. If your accident occurred on or after September 1, 2010 and your injuries are considered non-catastrophic you are entitled to maximums of $50,000 in medical and rehabilitation benefits over 10 years, $36,000 for attendant care benefits over two years at no more than $3,000 per month unless optional benefits were purchased before the […]

You are entitled to this benefit until you are able to work in either your own job or another job for which you are reasonably suited. There is no time limit, but the benefit amounts are adjusted after age 65. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

If you are employed and have no benefits through a private insurance policy, your own insurance company is obligated to pay you income replacement benefits for any time you are unable to work because of impairments from injuries sustained in a car crash. As a general rule, if your accident occurred on or after September […]

Your medical and rehabilitation should be under the direction of your physician or other health practitioner, and he or she should recommend appropriate treatment. Some injuries that fit certain legally defined injury categories do not require the insurer’s prior approval in order to receive benefits to fund assessments or treatment. In other cases, the treatment […]

Your automobile insurer must pay all reasonable costs for you to reduce or eliminate the effects of any disability to help you return to your family, society and appropriate work. However, the benefits that may be available to you will also depend on whether your injury fits certain legally defined injury categories and whether you […]

In general, any medical expense arising from the car accident not covered by your health plan, extended health benefits plan or OHIP are payable by your automobile insurer. This may include, but is not limited to: medical surgical dental optometric hospital nursing ambulance audiometric speech-language pathology services chiropractic psychological occupational therapy physiotherapy medications prescription eyewear […]

Cyclists and pedestrians struck and injured by a car can receive accident benefits. If you do not own a vehicle or you are not an insured person under someone else’s automobile insurance policy, you can claim accident benefits from the automobile insurer of the car that injured you. If you have any additional questions, please […]

You have to apply to your own insurance company in order to receive Statutory Accident Benefits from your insurer. You will be asked to complete an application form and provide information about your injuries, the collision and your income. After the application is made, there are a number of forms that must be completed by […]

Statutory Accident Benefits are “no fault” benefits available to you from your own insurer when you are involved in a car crash. This means that no matter who was at fault in the collision, your own insurer must pay for goods, services and other benefits provided for by the insurance policy that you need because […]

In general, you can sue the driver responsible for an accident in two situations: when you are injured in an automobile accident in Ontario or when a family member has been injured or killed in an accident. However, you may still sue the other driver even if you or the family member is partly responsible […]

Call us, we can help.

First consultation is free.