April 27, 2015

Would I receive compensation from the association if I make a complaint?

No. The college or association investigates the complaint and determines if disciplinary action should be taken. The doctor, nurse or other health practitioner involved would have an opportunity to respond to the complaint. This response is also sent to you for any additional comments. In some circumstances, the investigating body will retain an expert who will review the medical events and provide an opinion. An expert is someone with similar professional experience as the individual in the complaint and the purpose of the expert is to assist the association in its investigation of the complaint. You will then be advised of the investigating body’s decision.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.