MD Lawyers is a boutique personal injury law firm in London, Ontario. We represent people, from across Ontario, who are seriously injured through medical malpractice, slip and falls, sports activities, and motor vehicle collisions. Our compassionate lawyers and staff work with pride to assist individual’s and their family, during one of the most challenging times in their lives. We at MD Lawyers are committed to providing a client-centered approach.
Job Description: MD Lawyers is seeking one candidate for the articling term beginning 2024.
- Completed Juris Doctorate or Bachelor of Laws Degree (three full years of law school; anticipated 2024 completion) at a Law Society of Ontario accredited Law School
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Analytical skills and exceptionally detail oriented
- Self-motivated with strong time management and priority setting skills in order to meet deadlines and continually changing priorities
- Innovative, creative thinker and problem-solver
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Advanced MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook etc.)
Articling students are immersed in medical negligence and personal injury litigation practice. They work directly with partners and associates in a collaborative environment. They complete legal and medical research, draft legal documents, interview clients, prospective clients and witness, review and analyze evidence, and discuss legal opinion and strategy. They will join and assist lawyers in examinations for discovery, mediations, and trials, and may have their own files to conduct, with supervision. Articling students also learn about the business and social aspects of legal practice, and participate in client development, marketing, and firm events.
If you are looking for exposure to litigation, and a hands-on “soon-to be-a-lawyer” experience, please send us your application before May 17, 2023. You may email your resume and cover letter, along with your transcripts to : firstname.lastname@example.org, attention, Ms. Cheryl Scollard, Director of Operations.
MANDATORY DOCUMENT TYPES:
- Cover Letter
- Transcript Law
- Transcript Graduate/Other
- Transcript Undergraduate
- Transcript CEGEP
- Reference Letter
- List of References